It’s Spring (ALREADY).
That means new routines, spring cleaning and just a fresh overhaul on everything. My mind/body starts “nesting” without me even realizing it: rearranging furniture, throwing out things I don’t use anymore, clearing out wardrobe and eating BETTER.
Admittedly, over the winter I am just lazy. Even with my best intentions, I just cannot get my butt to a workout class and I will say (triple) yes to fries, wine, bread + more bread. Thank god for the dogs—at least I do get the slightest cardio for walks (did I mention, I hate cardio? lol).
So with that said, I have been itching to get back on a schedule and make conscious food decisions. Meal planning is happening and I even got meal prep containers, so I mean business!
Some things I learned with meal prepping…
I just cannot staaaand when food gets soggy. It grosses me out. So, I avoid salads with lettuces or even cooked veg like wilty spinach. Broccoli, corn, brussel sprouts—all great. Plus, they hold better if you’re making everything on Sunday and intending to still be eating it at the end of the week.
For salads, my FAVE ever is a good mediterranean (cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, parsley) with the dressing (a high-end olive oil, lemon, garlic, oregano) on the side so it doesn’t get “moist.”
Some good lunch options that will hold well in the fridge during the week (I don’t eat meat that often so these are all vegetarian): curried chickpeas, corn + blackeyed pea dip (recipe from Thug Kitchen), roasted brussel sprouts, roasted sweet potatoes, vegetarian chili, pasta salad, ratatouille.
When I do eat meat…
Charcuterie!!! So fun to make a nice, varied charcuterie plate: sopressata, olives, cornichons, crackers, prosciutto + melon, grapes and throw in some cheese, if you like.
For breakfast, I’ve been having hard boiled eggs, celery sticks + peanut butter for PROTEIN. So simple, fresh + filling.
Pack a couple of these containers along with a cold Pressed Juicery drink (I love the Lemon Cayenne h20) and I’m good to go! I’ve been feeling cleaner and have more “spring” in my step—ha ha, ok that was bad.
What about the dogs?
When I’m not cooking for the dogs, they get Pure Dog Food which is all-natural and just as healthy as my (human) meal plans. Their fave is definitely the Salmon + Pasta which is full of omegas + yummy ingredients. So, are you getting pumped yet to get on your own meal plan??
How are you going to start, you’re wondering? With this giveaway! I’m SO excited to partner with two of my favorite brands: Pure Dog Food + Pressed Juicery to bring you guys a HEALTHY SPRING Package for you, your dog and your BFF! Not only do you get the package, but SO DOES YOUR BFF. Hello, accountability partner. 🙂 I hope it gets you guys started on that summer body and let’s not forget the pup!
Two lucky winners will receive the Healthy Spring Package:
- Pressed Juicery Low Calorie Bundle which includes 6 delicious juices (Greens 1, Greens 1.5, Roots 1, Roots 2, Citrus 1 + my fave Lemon H20!)
- Pure Dog Food Full Size Starter Pack (FOUR of the flavors in the large Quart size).
- Make sure to sign up for my mailing list—it’s at the bottom of this post under “JOIN THE LIST.”
- Comment below with your favorite ways to get healthy (walking your dog? Putting bell peppers on your pizza? Are you meal planning too?)
- Follow @wtfrenchie @pressedjuicery @puredogfood on Instagram.
- Tag your accountability partner in the comments on our Instagram post @wtfrenchie!
- Ends April 16, 2018 at 11:59PM EST. Only US residents over the age of 18 can enter. One entry per person. Winner(s) will be notified via email. Winner(s) will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Prize will be shipped. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. My opinions are my own and were not influenced by any form of compensation.
Where's The Frenchie is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program and incorporates affiliate links.